Come show the park some love by planting trees in the forests with us! The urban forests at GROW are in desperate need of new hardwood trees to sustain the ecosystem long term! Join us as we plant a variety of native hardwoods as well as fruit-bearing trees to benefit wildlife inhabitants. This forest supports white tailed deer, raccoons, opossums, skunks, turtles, wild turkeys, barred owls, kingfishers, blue heron, geese, bats, chipmunks, squirrels, red foxes and more! Help us ensure that they have a safe place to live with the resources they need for generations to come.
Schedule of Volunteer Activity
Friday, 9am - Volunteer Registration and Welcome
- Volunteers of all ages welcome
- Please dress accordingly for the weather, March can be unpredictable
- Please bring a refillable water bottle, refilling stations will be provided
- All volunteers must submit a liability release form at registration
Friday, 9:30am to 1pm - Upper Forest Planting Event
Saturday, 10am - Volunteer Registration and Welcome
- *Refer to notes for volunteers above.
- Volunteers may come and go at varying points throughout the workday. We ask that you try to serve at least 2 hours and that you check-in at the parking lot when you arrive so we can keep track of volunteer hours.
Saturday, 10:30am to 3pm - Lower Forest Planting Event
- The lower forest is in the greatest need. We ask that large groups plan to attend this day so that we can make the greatest impact possible.
- Those with limited mobility will work near the entrance to the forest on our side while those with greater mobility will traverse the steep trail to work closer to the historical natural spring area.